Sunday 8 October 2017

Autumn '17

Well that wasn't exactly what I had in mind! After I felt re-energised at the last round I was confident of qualifying for the Kart Champs final, however Luke Smith came from behind to score a dominant class win at the regional final to book his place at the Birmingham finale. Josh Martin failed to escape the 'B' group on the night, effectively ending his chances early. 

7th overall in practice and a hot lap time only good enough for 11th set the tone for my evening, with Smith taking full advantage of having a decent kart under him. 8th in qualifying put me in the middle of the pack for the reverse grid race where I was only able to make up one place, before finishing 5th in the final race. My congratulations went to Luke and I wished him all the best for the final!

A week or so later I raced in what would be my final round of the Castle Combe Adult Championship (due to other commitments) where another mid-field performance left me 16th in the overall standings after the last round which took place in September. More heat wins & appearances in the final are my aim for next season! 

All in all as we get to the end of year I'll admit it's not been the best year for me in terms of karting & results-however I'm as passionate as ever & my preparations for the inaugural 12 Hours of TeamSport Bristol are now underway. I just need to remember it's going to be very cold in the middle of the night in December..

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment