Friday 9 November 2018

Countdown to BRKC 2019

We are only 10 weeks (!) away from BRKC 2019 & while to some that might seem a long way off, for those intending to have any kind of success (or even improve on previous showings) preparations will have already began. 

I’m not just talking logistically (transport, hotels etc) but for me personally I intend on being in the best shape possible for the event, which given Christmas is somewhere in between now & the 18th of January is going to be a challenge in itself! What that means for me I cutting down on what I’m eating, not taking sugar in coffee & tea and getting back into a routine of going to gym a few times a week. On top of that, I fully intend to ‘swot up’ by watching footage from previous year’s events, as well as (hopefully) attending a couple of ‘arrive & drive’ sessions at Formula Fast before 2018 draws to a close.

The main reason for all the above, still some 2 months + away from the event? In all honesty, whilst I’ve enjoyed BRKC at Formula Fast, my result have always been average at best. I’ve never won a heat race. I’ve never made the semi finals (31st overall being my highest position) And whilst that may seem unlikely to change again in 2019, given that the format, the venue & the karts are the same as they have been for the past few years, the one thing I can influence is me. 

So you heard it here first. If I turn up to Milton Keynes in 10 weeks time weighing 90kgs & struggling to hold on to a kart for 20mins, you’ll know I only have myself to blame! Whilst I’m not expecting this preparation to be easy, not an I expecting my results to dramatically improve, as long as I can come away from BRKC 2019 knowing I’ve put the maximum in to it I’ll know I’ve done all I can to have a successful (and hopefully still fun) go at it!

I’ll see you at the track
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment