Monday 12 November 2018

Q & A

A fun interview I did for a local Motor Club, for their monthly newsletter..

Question - What is your earliest motorsport-related memory?
Answer - Probably playing Nigel Mansell's World Championship game on the Gameboy, or watching (slightly bemused) as my childhood friends acted out the previous weekend's F1 race in the school playground!





















Q - Do you have any motorsport heroes?
A - For sure, I'd have to say Michael Schumacher, Sebastien Loeb, Colin McRae, Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso

Q - What have been your favourite F1 seasons?
A - Uh, lets see - 2000, 2006, 2010 and 2012.. which as a Ferrari fan haven't all ended in the best result but those years probably had the best racing, with multiple teams winning etc.

Q - If you could attend an F1 race anywhere in world where would you go?
A - Tough one.. maybe Australia, or the USA
Q - And who would you take?
A - My fiance - and my old man!



















Q - Have you ever tried 'sim' racing and/or are there any 'racing' games you are currently playing?
A - I've had a go at Project Cars and Assetto Corsa.. I'm currently playing Forza Horizon 4 and F1 2018 (still!) but both will soon have to make way for Red Dead Redemption 2! I've never tried a full-on sim but it's on my to-do list

Q - Do you have any favourite motorsport vehicles?
A - Yea, I mean the 2000 F1 Ferrari was a beautiful and historically significant car.. The Brawn GP car that Jenson Button won his title in, the 2001 Ford Focus WRC with the Martini livery that McRae drove - They're all amongst my favourites























Q - Your current road car?
A - A Subaru Impreza, and a Citroen C4 Cactus
Q - And your dream road car?
A - The Ferrari 458 Speciale!

Q - If you could sample any car currently racing (excluding F1 & WEC) what would it be?
A - Hmm, probably something rally-related.. The Peugeot 208 World Rallycross car, or the Citroen C3 WRC - I think they'd be awesome!

Q - Can you remember the first time you went karting?
A - Absolutely, it was a my brother's friend's birthday party at an indoor circuit in Portishead, near Bristol. I must have been about 13 and I was hooked from that point on!

Q - Your current helmet?
A - Bell RS7 in 'falcon red'
Q - Racesuit/Gloves?
A - Alpinestars

Q - You've done your fair share of 'experience' days - are there any you'd recommend?
A - Oh definitely - Thruxton is a good one, it's such as fast circuit and they have a lot of modern supercars so that's cool. The cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned though is Palmersport, which isn't cheap but it's easily the best 'circuit' day I've done, and Phil Price Rally School in Wales - I couldn't recommend either highly enough!

























Q - What are your racing plans for 2019?
A - The British Rental Kart Championship (in January) is gonna be the big one, after that who knows? Possibly some more outings in the Castle Combe Adult (Karting) Championship, and one or two Covkartsport rounds, I should think


* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment